Tuesday, May 5, 2009

223 Plague House

Katie is fighting off round three of Strep Throat, and this time she managed to pass it to me. Either the girls are passing it back and forth to each other, or we have an extremely rare form of penicillin resistant strep. Wouldn't that be JUST our luck! Rare illnesses are our specialty. Like it isn't enough that Katie is a daibetic mutant, she has to get rare forms of strep. Luckily we have not gotten Swine Flu, though I am pretty sure I jinxed us just then. Chip's boss got back from vacation in Mexico last week, so when Katie woke up Friday morning with a sore throat I kept her home. I didn't want to terrify the whole school.

The Swine Flu hullabaloo seems to be dying down. People have realized that WE HAVE HEALTHCARE! Although I do have a friend whose child attends one of the schools in Tennessee with a confirmed case. Obviously they closed the school, but when she tried to go to her gym she was told that she could not come in until the school re-opened. Before anyone freaks out (Mom), I am taking it seriously. I am watching the kiddos and paying attention in public to stay away from someone that is obviously hacking up a lung, but seriously! it can be passed 24 hours before symptoms show up, so we should all calm down. If you are going to get it, then you are going to get it. Wash your hands, cough into your elbow ... live your life. End rant.
While at the doctor I had them do a pregnancy test. Don't get too excited Mom, it was negative. Of course you should know that since I would not have mentioned it on my blog before I told you about it. But that isn't what I wanted to talk about. It was just some strange timing. I want three kids. I mean I REALLY want three kids, but I was just starting to come to terms with the idea that we are probably going to only have two. And really, I have two wonderful kids and they are MORE than a handful, and I only have two hands. But, that little possibility, very exciting. We don't need to be pregnant right now. We need to get little man out of diapers and I am trying to start up the photography business. But it would have been AWESOME! So, I am a bit sad. And sadly, a bit relieved. Maybe in a few years I can get my third.

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

I believe all things happen for a reason. That said, your "third" will come when it is the perfect timing for your life. Sometimes when we "want" too much I find things don't happen but when it does you look back and say..."perfect timing". This is coming from a girl who did fertility twice..I just tossed it up in the air that it would work...and it did.