Monday, April 27, 2009

215

The weather has been gorgeous, and we have been spending a good bit of our time outside. I have the sunburn to prove it. I go outside with the intention of only staying a moment, but then I get sidetracked by the kids or the weeds. Next thing I know, it has been an hour and my skin is starting to feel tight. Lucky for me, a few hours later it is usually back to normal. Don't worry, the kids DO get slathered in sunscreen.
I am short on time, and brainpower, this morning so I will let the pictures do most of the talking.
On Thursday, we explored the tiny things in the yard. We talked on the phone.
We sat under the umbrella in the shade.
We snuggled.
On Friday, we waited for the iris to bloom. we shared a bag of chips. On Saturday, we celebrated our Seven Year Anniversary. I got my donuts, and Chip got his bacon, and all was well in the world.
We threw the football.The iris bloomed. Thanks for the anniversary present Granddaddy!
I took the kids to Memphis Rock-N-Romp! We had a fabulous time!
We played in the sand.
Connor tried to fit in with the "big boys". We listened to some great music.
Saturday night, Connor kept bringing me the poster paints, and I kept putting them back. So ....
On Sunday, we painted.
Connor created his own method by painting the paintbrushes, with the other paintbrush.
Connor thought the paint looked yummy, but it was NOT.
Much of the painted ended up on Connor.On Sunday night, Chip and I had our first date in about three years. We went to Texas de Brazil and it was DELICIOUS! I loved the salad bar, Chip loved the large amounts of meat.
Thank you Charity for watching my hooligans for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome. Glad you both had a good time.
Charity

Lisa said...

Awww, I really liked that post.
Feel good.

Lisa