Friday, April 10, 2009

200 I wanna be ...

After letting myself wallow in what makes me annoyed yesterday I thought that today I should concentrate on what I want to be when I grow up. To really nail down what I want to accomplish. Now, do understand this list changes constantly. Things get shifted around, and some things even get knocked off the list entirely. But today, this is what I want to be.

The Most Important Two - in a deadlock tie!

I want to be a photographer. Not just in my eyes, but in the eyes of the general public. I want people to seek me out. I want people to ask for and about my work. I want to hone my eye. I want to capture little flashes of beauty and greatness for all time. I want to hold innocence and love in my viewfinder. I want for my pictures to have a feel to them. I want people to look at a picture and know that it has to be mine. I want my heart to print out on each sheet of paper.

I want to be a Mother. I know, I am a mother. I have two kids that I love to absolute distraction, but I want to be a GREAT mother! I want to have the patience to teach my children. The patience to answer each little question. The patience to play the same game ten thousand times. The patience that I am seriously lacking. I want for my kids to look back and know that I loved them without limit. I want them to see me as their friend, but to also respect my words and my decisions. I want to set an example for them to follow.


I want to read more.

I want to THINK more!

I want to spend more time outside.

I want to exercise regularly.

I want to put myself first, at least every once in a while ... maybe after the kids are asleep.

I want back the self-confidence of my youth.

I want to be a better friend.

I want to hold the good moments tight to my chest, and I want to let the bad blow away in the wind.

I want to be completely happy where I am, but also completely happy wherever I end up.

I want to find the words to express my feelings EXACTLY.

I want my husband to always think I am sexy.

I want to create beauty with many mediums. Paint, paper, photography, plants, and whatever else comes to hand.

I want to practice what I preach.

I want to think before I speak.

I want to do and be a great many things, but mostly I want to love and be loved.


What do you want to be when you grow up??

4 comments:

Gabrielle Kai Photography said...

Ah, I *love* this post -

I think we are all in an eternal quest to find out what we want to be when we grow up - regardless of when we decide!

As for your first two - just start ~living~ it. And soon, I promise you will be it. Refer to yourself as a photographer, treat your work like you want others to see and notice it, and take pride - personally, I think that you are *already* a photographer!

I once heard a saying that there is no such think as a Perfect mother, but there is a such thing as a Good mother - and that's what I strive to be! Do you best, give all that you can, and I pinky promise, your kids will look back and love you for it!

So sorry so long - I just had so much to share!

Cam said...

Way to put that positive energy out into the Universe, girl!!

You would be surprised how many of the things on your list also reside on mine...

Two things I know: you are a great photographer, and I enjoy your captures. If you lived in my area I would already seek you out to shoot some pictures for me. And, you are a great mom!!

:)

SE'LAH... said...

That photo is awesome! Love this post!

You inspire me.

Linda Woods said...

1. Fantastic photo- it goes perfectly with this post.
2. I totally get it. You are well on your way to being that photographer. Keep at it.
3. Patience is over rated.Only robots are perfectly patient all the time. Funny things happen in moments of frustration and kids like funny! :)
4. Excellent list.
5. I am grown up and I am all the things I want to be. I'd like to be 15 pounds less of me but other than that, I am perfect with myself. When you are 40, you'll see.