Wednesday, April 1, 2009

190 The post where I turn into my mother

Katie decided that tonight would be a great night to start fulfilling my Mom's hopes for me from long ago. You know the one, "I hope you have a daughter just like you and she breaks your heart!" Seriously, please tell me that everyone has heard that at least once??!! Okay, maybe not the break your heart part. Honestly, I would not wish this on my worst enemy! It is so frustrating! At least I was a teenager when I was acting like this! Katie is SIX YEARS OLD!

Tonight she told me that she does not have to listen to me! She most assuredly DOES have to listen to me. And to prove it, I told her that she should enjoy the tv show she was watching because it was her last. So, she whipped a kitchen towel at me! And then she was grounded for one day. And she screamed, so I told her to go to her room and to go to bed. She told me that she doesn't want to play with me anymore. She wants me to go away. She wants to live with her Mimi and Pop Pop so that I can't tell her what to do anymore. Oh, and throw in a few mentions of how mean I am, worst Mom ever! She told me that she doesn't have to go to bed because she never goes that early. That is when I informed her that going to bed is a punishment! Then I could hear, in her sassiest voice, "its a pun-ish-ment!" And now she is grounded for a week. She threatened to lock her door ... and that is when I really turned into my Mom because the first thing I thought was "a door is not a right, its a privilege!" I told her she could try to lock me out, and good luck with it because her door would be coming off the hinges. She did not try to lock her door.

She eventually went to sleep. I am worn out! I am at the end of my rope, and she is done acting like the one in charge. This is going to be a hard lesson to learn ... for both of us!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

So sorry! I feel your pain. Anna Catherine has had the attitude, mimicking, and talking back for a while now. I have claimed that she has been "4 going on 16--5 going on 16--6 going on 16--- had PMS for about two or three years! I know I was like this with my mom---I was horrible!! But this is too early to deal with the ATTITUDE!!!