Saturday, April 4, 2009

194 SOOC (Straight out of the Camera) Saturday

Thank you, Shutter Sisters for pointing me in the direction of Slurping Life! I am going to steal Melody's description of herself now, because her description will beat the pants off any I can come up with!

"A mom by birth and adoption shares - through photography, writing and humor - parenting boys who live with autism, ADHD, cerebral palsy, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and more. Reminding everyone that children with special needs are kids."

On Saturdays Melody hosts what she calls SOOC Saturday. And this week the theme is pictures that "intoxicate your heart". I have been playing with TtV so my "straight out of the camera" pictures have a large amount of black ... so I will give you a before and after.

Grammy bought Katie a new Hannah Montana umbrella when we were in Atlanta, and she has been dying for an excuse to use it. In fact, I was in a little bit of trouble for not sending it to school with her on a day that it got rainy. Well, she finally gave in and used it as a sunshade. Don't feel too bad for her. The umbrella ended up getting wet. I was trying to clean the old pool to get it ready for the swim season, and Katie thought it was the perfect opportunity to play with her umbrella ... and to get sopping wet.

But that is of course NOT what "intoxicates my heart." Watching Katie and Connor interact with each other captures me everytime! They fight and he annoys her, but there are moments of pure love! --- moments after this picture was taken I did have to wrestle the umbrella handle from Connor's hands before Katie broke down into tears, fearing her Hannah 'brella would be destroyed.

I sure love those little booger butts!

6 comments:

melody is slurping life said...

These images are precious...fond memory captured.

Love that you've joined SOOC Saturday. And just so you know, you don't have to follow my lead as far as a "theme"...follow what you love.

Thanks for the kind words.

BenLand said...

your little "booger butts" are adorable!
i really like your picture :o)

Julie said...

So cute!

SE'LAH... said...

What joy! I love these shots.

p.s. Thanks for visiting my necessary room blog and for leaving such a nice comment.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sandi @ Life with Jessica said...

You captured such a precious memory! Your kids are adorable :-)

Rachel said...

How stinkin' cute! I love that you captured that sweet moment between them and shared it!