Saturday, March 28, 2009

181 This is the post where ...

I don't try to impress you with pictures. And make no mistake, I am usually trying :) But since I am just now back to Mississippi life posting, and we have been back in po'dunk for a week, I figured I would get us back to good. Wow, I am having a 90's reference moment (and yeah, I checked Matchbox 20 put out Back To Good in 1999). Guess that is what happens when you blog at 3 a.m. ... oh crap, there I go again. Maybe it is just a Matchbox 20 problem I am having. Which is odd, not because I don't like them, but because I never think of music in terms of who the song is by. I know the lyrics to just about every song I have ever heard, but I cannot tell you who sang them. Also what you get at 3 a.m. is a tangent ... I could ramble on for hours I am sure, but I do need to get some sleep.

Monday was rough! Katie had to go back to school, and of course she wanted me to have lunch with her. Poor girl, just got so used to having Mom around ... or she just keeps hoping that I will check her out of school if i go to lunch with her. Yeah, that is probably it. She survived her first day back at school, and Daddy had suggested a Girl's Night trip to Chick-fil-A. Katie just goes for the playground, but to anyone that lives in the Chick-fil-A region the food is the real pull! I grew up in Atlanta. I remember when Chick-fil-A was only at the mall and it was a special treat. Ohhhh, how we looked forward to it! I always take the bun off and inspect my chicken before I take a bite. No, not to make sure it is cooked thoroughly! You have to check for extra batter bits! The BEST batter EVER! So, for anyone with Chick-fil-A on the brain now, here are a few pics to drool over.




Remember, the secret is all in the pickles! Two pickles to be precise :)
Connor has discovered how to climb! Gone are the days when I can just let him wander in the backyard for a moment without constantly hovering behind him. Well, they are temporarily on hold. I stopped to pull a few weeds from around a plant struggling to grow and turned around to see him standing inside the climby thing (yeah, that is what I call it). This is the part where my Mom says "why isn't he wearing shoes?" And I *sigh* ... kids need to feel the grass under their feet and the mud squish between their toes! He is definitely all boy because he doesn't mind walking on the bog. We have had quite a bit of rain lately and the ground is saturated!
And here is the evidence that I did indeed pull weeds. This could also be used as an advertisement for a nail parlor ... the before obviously!
And yes, my cooking is so boring that Katie fell asleep at the table. No, she is not faking it. I left her there while I gave Connor a bath, and she had not moved when I was done. Poor exhausted little thing! She was having a hard time re-adjusting to regular hours. Who am I kidding? We all have had a hard time getting back on schedule. We kept Cheyenne for about an hour the other day, and she still is suspicious of Connor's motives. Who can blame her? It is hard to decide whether he is trying to hold her down and kiss her or take away her toys. At one point he just walked in circles around her while she was on the ride-on, and Chey just screamed at him. I guess it was making her nervous.
Mia and Katie were finally able to get together to play on Thursday. Mia brought down her "Pretty, Pretty Princess" game. It was too funny when Katie called it "Pretty Princess" and Mia felt the need to correct her. I was a little worried about them playing a game. Usually that will deteriorate quickly if only one of them knows how to play, but they did great! They are getting better at explaining and listening. And Chip mowed the weeds ... I mean, the grass. Our yard had reached the point where I was going to just start claiming that we had planted wildflowers, but Chip has promised that he is going to get it back under control. It may be the only way to break my addiction to dandelion photography. Yes, I have taken more dandelion pics. I am sure I will bust them out next time. Friday morning I was awoken with crying and screaming. For once it was not from Connor. Katie was sitting on her bathroom floor rubbing her eyes (turned out to be the problem, of course) and whimpering. Her little eye was red and starting to look a little swollen. We tried flushing it out with saline and we bundled her back into bed between us, hoping that if she went back to sleep it would stop hurting. No such luck, when we woke back up it looked even worse. By the time I called around trying to get an appointment with our eye doctor, it was lunchtime, so she had to wait even longer. We ended up taking her to her pediatrician. They gave her some numbing eye drops and dyed her eye orange so they could look at it under the blacklight. She had managed to scratch her cornea. Of course, it looks like I have been beating her ...
Her nose was running on the right side from the pain and pressure. I was a little shocked to find the dye coming out in her snot!! Yes, that is the real color of her snot. I was not being mean by taking her picture ... Katie wanted to see what her eye looked like, and snapping a picture was the easiest way. Katie will be fine. She used this injury to her advantage by guilting me into buying her more make-up at Walgreen's while we waited on her prescription. It was only fair since I was spending the same amount of money on buttpaste. I always forget how expensive diaper rash cream is, but who can complain when their babies butt is raw! It is the weirdest thing. Connor always gets a rash when we use Pampers Cruisers. I thought it might have been a fluke the last time. We used them once before and he got a rash, then we went back to the Pampers Baby Dry and it went away. I did not think there could have been that big of a difference between the two, but apparently there is. So, it is back to Baby Dry and buttpaste.
oops, there went the rambling again!
And we are back to good ...
well, except for posting pics of our photocation downtown and more pictures of weeds :)

1 comments:

Linda Woods said...

I've been craving fried chicken as a side to all the bacon. Thanks.