Thursday, March 26, 2009

179 Love Thursday

I interrupt my slow re-capping of Spring Break Events to bring you this ... It is once again Love Thursday. The weeks just fly by! Please check out Chookooloonks , the originator of this idea. As she says, this is all about "the idea of being able to find love in unexpected places."

On Tuesday, my ShutterBuddy and I went downtown to take some pics. Candy is a photography student and her assignment this week was to shoot "urban" areas. She invited me along, and of course I GLADLY went! We were on the hunt for graffiti (you will see those pics later) and such.

While photographing some urban art, I turned around and saw a heart! Upon closer inspection it resembled a devil more than a heart, but that is a lesson we have all learned in love. And how fitting that it was caused by a wound. An amputation, a lopped limb. There are several wounds in my own heart, most formed when someone has been lopped out of my life.

We find love and beauty where we can.
Sometimes we take pictures to hold it tight.
I hold it always in my heart ....
Happy Love Thursday to you all!!






5 comments:

Operaton You said...

I'm so happy at this moment and at this time - the present moment. We awaken the feeling of love in us when we see the love outside of us. Neat photos!

SE'LAH... said...

Very nice. I so love nature and all the love she has to offer.

Happy Love Thursday!

Cam said...

Happy Love Thursday to you too, Carrie!!

What an eye you have there!!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully expressed!

I see a strawberry. Which isn't very Love Thursday-ish...except that it's red, stickier than you'd like, often juicy, and sweet, sweet, sweet. (Okay, mine is a bit of a stretch, but I'm trying here!)

Happy Love Thursday!

ELK said...

a heart in the ageless wood ~
amazing E L K