Wednesday, March 11, 2009

171 Recommitment

Lately, I have allowed myself to focus on the bad things. I have let all the little things get to me, just needling away at my happiness. I refuse to do it anymore. I will be happy in MY life. I will be happy with it, not as it exists now, but as it shall exist when I fully embrace it. I will look for LOVE and BEAUTY in my surroundings, in my family. I will pull my friends closer instead of pushing them away. I will laugh and joke, not with derision but with JOY! I will make my world beautiful. When I allow myself to let the petty, trivial problems just float on by. When I don't let the more serious problems sink into my heart, to fester and explode. When I allow myself to be MYSELF!

I am not perfect. I have many many MANY flaws. But, I also have redeeming traits. Surely I do. I will nurture those abilities that make me happy. I will make my house a HOME filled with love and laughter. I will be a person that I can love.
Speaking of love. I have not posted a Love Thursday pic in awhile, so here is the most fitting. There has to be some cliche thing I could say about "cracks that make the heart stronger" or blah blah blah. Mainly, I just love the pic ...

7 comments:

ELK said...

carrie ~thank you for sharing such truth ...and beauty in the everyday....ELK

Anonymous said...

this is a lovely post for love thursday. sometimes we all have to give our heads a shake.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the drugs talking again.

It's all small stuff. Be happy and cherish that you get to be a stay at home mom. At least for now anyway. As long as you're healthy and can pay your bills who cares about the other crap. Obama's going to pay my bills now so I don't even have that to worry about.

cjaxon said...

Anonymous must be a family member ... who else would talk about drugs and bitch about Obama (both of which I do not do). Not to get in a rant, but in a way Obama WILL pay your bills... when he kickstarts this economy! And no matter what ... he is the PRESIDENT, show some respect!

bonggamom said...

What a wonderful find!

Anonymous said...

Dude, it was a joke. I don't give a crap about ANY politician because they don't really care about you or me no matter what they say. We can agree to disagree about Obama. Your my Sis and I love you regardless of your political views. See you next week freak.

cjaxon said...

DUDE FREAK! LOL
I am just tired of people making remarks ... Chip's family, my family...
I voted for what I view as the lesser of two evils. At least he reversed the stem cell thing! But like you say, I don't think much will change either way. The checks and balances system has become more of a gridlock system ...