Friday, November 28, 2008

123 Thankful

I had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Near the top of my list was the fact that I was not actually throwing up on Thanksgiving. Our trip to Atlanta was abruptly cancelled when the stomach bug hit me at 3am on Wednesday morning. That would be after I packed all our bags, cleared out the van, and got everything ready to go ... About 5 hours before we were supposed to jump in the car and drive. Sure, I guess I should just be thankful that it did not hit me while I was enroute to Atlanta with two kiddos in the car, but I would have preferred if it could have bypassed me altogether. Katie was absolutely crushed. She cried for quite a while after waking up when we told her. I wanted to cry too, but I am pretty sure that the sobbing would have sent me running for the toilet. I miss my MOMMY!! I want to see her and my brothers and my SILs and my nieces and nephew and various and sundry friends!! I did not want to be stuck in my bed, stomach cramping, insides churning. I wanted to drive 6 hours with two kids screaming. I wanted to be with my family for Thanksgiving. I wanted my mom to see Connor walking, see his two teeth firsthand, and hear his sweet little voice without it being through the phone. I wanted Katie to be able to spend time with her Grammy (though she has started calling her Grandma). I could not wait to see Katie with her cousins, and especially to see Connor and Milly together! Oh, I can just imagine the hilarity that would have insued. Connor would yank Milly's hair, she would scream, they would fall all over each other. I am sure it would have been priceless! Not to mention how long it has been since I have been junking with my Mom! Who wants to go to Walmart on Black Friday when you have a Goodwill or Last Chance Thrift Store or My Favorite Place (also known as Bob's)??!! The junk places around here just have, well ... JUNK! In Atlanta they have treasure! So, in other words ... I wanted to be in Atlanta for Thanksgiving.
We did, however, get to spend Thanksgiving with Chip! He had to work so he was not going to be able to go Atlanta with us, so he was a little bit happy I ended up puking. He was not looking forward to spending the weekend without us. He was a huge help on Wednesday when I was anchored to the bed. I don't know what I would have done without him. There was no way I could have taken care of myself and the kiddos. And he even went out on Thursday and picked us up a Thanksgiving dinner from Cracker Barrel. Sure, it is not our traditional Thanksgiving fair, but this year it was the best we could do. I was definitely not up to cooking a full holiday meal, considering there was no way I could eat it!
I am thankful for my family. My hubby, annoying as he can be sometimes (I am sure he feels the same about me). My wonderful daughter, Katie, who always manages to cheer me up - like writing me a prescription for Gatorade when I was sick. My little man, Connor, for being the sweetest chunk of chubby goodness ever made! My Mom, for being the best Ma-Pa a girl could ever hope to have! My brothers, for being as weird as myself. My Sisters-in-Law for putting up with us even though they don't really have to (that goes for Chip's sisters, too). My nieces and nephews for being the cutest little things ever made.
I am thankful for my -relative- health. Sure, the stomach virus was ill-timed, but overall I can't complain about too much. I am thankful for Katie's excellent diabetes management! Our first year of being "mono-genic" was spectacular! Overall we have stayed pretty healthy. Now if we can keep Katie out of the ER next year ...
I am thankful for finding friends nearby. I have spent a long time without "real friends". I had friends at work, and then when you stopped working they were gone. But I have now found a couple of great friends. A few I met in the neighborhood, and a couple I met through Katie's Kindergarten class. I am so lucky to have found these women. They each offer something different, but mainly just an ear to bend.
I am thankful for being able to stay home with the kids. Being a Stay-at-home Mom is wonderful! It is hard, and I know that sometimes it is a struggle, but I think it is so important to be here if it is possible. I can't imagine leaving the kiddos now, but if the economy doesn't start looking up then I will be finding out all too soon how it feels.
and on a bit of a funny note ...
I am thankful that Katie is still young enough NOT to know what to do with makeup!

And this is Make-Up LAND! Only a SMALL SMALL sample of her make-up collection.



One of these days i am going to be wishing she still applied her make-up like this so that the boys would run away from her instead of after her. Please let those days be FAR away! Now THAT is something I would be truly thankful for!
Although, thanks to Bratz.com I do know that Katie and Jacob are a perfect love match. Now we just have to figure out which one of the Jacob's it is talking about!!!! If it is this one then at least I will have adorable pics for their wedding slideshow!


... but the other Jacob has already been "on a date" with her. At least according to him :) I am just glad it told her that Zac Efron and Nick Jonas were not compatible with her! Phew! Big weight off my shoulders!

2 comments:

Nada said...

I have a few photos of Katie and my Jacob lying around, so no worries there! :-)

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy of those. You know to rub in the other woman's face. HAHA