Tuesday, November 18, 2008

118 Possibilities

One of the girls that I used to work with at The Grand is married to a guy that has his own wedding videography/photography business. He is looking to bring someone into it to handle more of the fieldwork while he concentrates on the business end. So, this weekend I will be tagging along on a wedding shoot to see how I like the wedding biz. I have never done more than just shoot pics for myself, so I am a little bit nervous. Obviously I love taking photos! And what woman does not love a wedding? I may not have wanted one for myself, but I can totally get caught up in the idea of THE DRESS and the cake and the flowers. I still have a file folder of wedding stuff that I pulled from a magazine my Freshman year in college. So, I am hoping that I can deliver the joy of the day in picture form. That is what I am afraid of though. This is "the day", not just another day that can be repeated if there is a mistake. There are no mistakes to be made. You have to be totally on your A-game. And, as some of you already know, I am not a forceful person. I am not good at giving directions (and even worse at taking them). I don't know how good I am going to be at communicating what I want people to do, how to pose, for pictures. How I am going to round up a wedding party, have them all smiley and happy and PERFECTLY POSED for pictures. And I have a photojournalistic style of phototgraphy. I am used to taking pictures as life is happening, not posing people up. (I try, the kids just don't cooperate) It is going to be a totally new experience. One I hope I am good at and that I enjoy. I would love to have a career, and not just a job. I love staying home with the kids, but it is getting to the point we have to think about me getting a job anyway. Photography is something I love. I would be gone for a while, but most of the work can be done at home on the computer. I am hoping this all pans out.

0 comments: