Friday, January 9, 2009

144 And then ...

I realize that I totally forgot to post pics of the family. There aren't many of them. I feel weird everytime I take out my camera around my family. Mainly because they look at me like I have lost my mind. Like I am totally insane to want to take pictures of the kids playing, and people talking, and just everyday life. But, it is NOT my everyday life!! I see my brothers maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I get to see my Mom a little more because she comes out to see me. So, YES I do have to take pictures. YES, every moment is important. I stole a baggie of old pictures from my Mom and there are so many in there of just everyday moments. Who wants to just look at some posed pictures??!! Who wants to only see everyone sitting still and smiling at the camera??!! Is that the way your family is? Not mine. In fact, most of the pictures I have come across of my brothers and I involve at least one person making weird faces, sometimes more. And those are the moments I want to remember forever.

And those old pictures ... I don't know who half the people are. I don't want that to be my family in 80 years. I want them to know who I am, and I want them to know who everyone else was as well.

So, next time I am in Atlanta you better be prepared to get your picture taken. I don't care what you say. Slap on some makeup and lets go! So, in other words ... SHHHHHH! I don't want to hear a peep the next time my camera comes out. I just drove 6-7 hours to see you, and I will have to drive 6-7 hours BACK. If I want to take some pictures to commemorate the visit, then that is what I am going to do! You don't want pictures, you come see me and I'll see what I can do. Of course then I will just take pictures to commemorate that rare moment.

So here are the pictures. Once again, I apologize for blurry, weird colored pictures! Next time I will walk around with a lamp, or maybe just get a good bounce flash for my camera.

Connor was showing Milly how to use his horn

And in this one you think he is mad and about to start shouting something about women drivers, but ... he just wanted to give her a sweet kiss!!
All the Cousins!!


And then we let them open gifts. Austin was on the couch, so he stayed out of the cameras path.

And a night at Geof's house ...

0 comments: