Wednesday, May 28, 2008

58 Mother Quotes

I was looking for a quote to put on a painting ... and thought I would share some of my favorites with you. Not that I know who any of you are since no one ever leaves any comments. Or maybe it is just that no one reads this...

If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylum would be filled with mothers.
--Edgar Watson Howe

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your Grandmother.
--Albert Einstein

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
--Mark Twain

There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don't mean a thing.
--Toni Morrison

Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.
--Aristotle

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
--Victor Hugo

Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not.
--James Joyce

0 comments: