Saturday, May 24, 2008

56

Just 14 hours to go (at least there was when I statyrd this post) until party time here. Are we ready? Heck no! Connor has decided to be needy today. We could not put him down without him crying. And you should have heard the screams if we put him down and went out of his eyesight to do something real quick. I went around the corner to rotate laundry and he had a fit! I know he is teething, but he must be going through a growth spurt, too. It certainly does not help that his pacifier is gone. I took them to the mall to do Build-A-Bear on Katie's birthday and somewhere along the way we lost his pacifier. No big deal, right?!?! Oh no, HUGE deal ... his pacifier is one that was Katie's. His pacifier is one that we cannot find for love or money around here. I tried to order some online last night (or, I think they were similar) only to get an email today saying that the warehouse was out. It has a filled bulb, round with almost a little pointy spot at the end. We kept up with it for so long! We had a few mad searched through the house, but we could always find it ... and now it is gone. He does NOT like any of the replacements that I have offered him. After discovering its loss I even went to Babies'R'Us, but no luck. My poor bugaboo will have to get used to something else unless I can find some more soon.
Katie has ahd a full week with her friends. Her partying never stopped after the weekend. We set up her slip'n'slide thing and they played and played on that.
Poor, crappy made thing. It sprung a leak the first day, so I patched it. Then it got a different leak the next day. Walmart will be getting a lovely return as soon as we get the chance. Katie's Last day of school was Thursday, so I went ahead and brought her birthday cupcakes in for her class. Friday was her actual birthday (and my brothers and another one of our friends) and she wanted to go to Build-a-Bear. So, glutton for punishment that I am, I took her. She made a pink leopard named Hannah, and she made Connor a puppy named Oliver. It would not have been so bad if you did not have to dress the darn things. At least Oliver just got an Ole Miss t-shirt. Hannah got a whole Hannah Montana outfit, shoes, and a baby! Then I had promised her we would go to Toys'R'Us ... big surprise, she picked out another set of makeup. If it had not been her actual birthday I would have said no, but I let her get the makeup... like I said - glutton for punishment.
More when my brain works again.

0 comments: