Saturday, September 19, 2009

297 SOOC Easy Bakin'

For some reason Katie remembered her Easy Bake oven this week. Maybe it was the sheer boredom of being home sick for a week. She has rediscovered a lot of things in the house this week. Oh well, at least they are getting some use. These cookies were baked for a tea party ... the first one this weekend. We are up to two, and she wants another one tonight.
She is feeling better, and she did not have any fever this morning. You know what that means? SHE GETS TO GO TO SCHOOL TOMORROW! (not that I am excited or anything) I am chiming in a day late on Straight Out Of the Camera Saturday, but luckily Melody doesn't mind :) If you are getting a late start, or just want to check out some other SOOC posts, head over to Slurping Life!!

13 comments:

A Lady Called Amy said...

How sweet! I'm glad to hear she is feeling better.

And isn't it great to rediscover things that have been set aside?

It's like getting a new present!

Lisa said...

Love your new header.

Easy bake oven, how fun!
A sure fire cure to make any one feel better!

Best,
Lisa

Jewelz said...

I always felt like such a deprived child because I never had an easy-bake-oven!
{{{sighs@the memories}}}

What a great couple of shots.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Cheers
Jewelz

robin said...

I think I wore my Easy Bake Oven out when I was a little girl! I baked SO many cakes!! I will 'hide' toys from my kiddos so later, when they're bored or I need them to be extra quiet, I'll take them back out....just like getting new toys!!

Floortime Lite Mama said...

oh this is soooo marvelous
Glad she is feeling better

iMother2.0 said...

how cool is that?! i'm having a bit of easy bake jealousy...never had one as a kid, but you know being the mama of two little girls, it's just a matter of time.
SOooo glad she's well enough to get back to school :)
yummy photos...p.s. i'm available this evening for a tea party ;)

cjaxon said...

I didn't have an Easy Bake Oven growing up either :) I guess we all are getting the chance to indulge our old selves. Of course, by the time you warm up the oven with a lightbulb and cook the batter and cool it ... you could have baked a whole pan of real brownies.
Thank you all for your kind words.

Puna said...

I bought one of these for my daughter. It was the most fun we've had in a long time!

Anonymous said...

I loved my Easy Bake Oven. It's probably one of those things that my girls would also love just aren't aware that there is such a thing but I am sure it's just a matter of time!

I am glad your little one is feeling better!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

I think we're going to have to get Zoe an Easy Bake Over. She would absolutely love it.

margie said...

an easy bake oven would make anyone happy.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Glad she's feeling better.

Rachel said...

Sweet sweet sweet! Those pictures bring back many memories! Glad she's feeling better!