Sunday, August 9, 2009

278 Picture Heavy

Usually my Mom is lecturing me that I put up too many pictures of the kids or that I give out too much information, but she has changed her tune (for now) ... She has put in a request for pictures of the kidlets, so I must oblige. We have just been hanging around the house, splashing in the pool, so most of the pictures look the exact same from one day to the next. Katie rarely changes her swimsuit. It gets washed every couple days, and she puts it right back on. But, Grammy can't stand not looking at their sweet little faces, so here goes ...
The kids have perfected redneck surfing. They pull the air mattress up to the stairs and leap off. Sure, they don't go very far, but they have been having an absolute BLAST! And how many Mississippi kids can say they spent the summer surfing? One of Katie's favorite, end-of-the-season finds.... This is the THRONE, complete with drink holders. I was trying to keep Connor occupied while the big kids swam, but Nooooo, they had to horn in on his carwashing fun. And of course they completely took it over (and used up all of my dishwashing liquid) Connor got over it when I put him in his swing. He loves LOVES loves to swing! The higher he goes, the bigger he smiles. This is the one where my Mom has to catch her breath....
I finally took Katie skating. Well, I took Katie and Mia skating. Chip was at work, so I had to take Connor with us, and since I could not strap on some skates I decided a friend was the next best thing. They did SO good! I was terrified the whole time. It wasn't packed, but there were kids zooming around everywhere! Anytime I lost sight of Katie for an instant I was scanning the back corners. She fell (duh) but she kept getting back up. It amazed me that as many times as people fell no one was run over! People would just calmly skate around them, even the little kids could easily navigate around. Maybe we should have been doing this all summer....
But then again, maybe not. It did not get too expensive until the girls wanted to play games. Since it was the end of the year, and there would not be many more chances (and it meant that they were not whirling around the rink) I said yes. Katie played three games of Skee Ball. On her last game, on her very last ball, she somehow managed to hit the edge of the game and the ball went rolling off into trafffic. Luckily, there was a very alert kid who reached down and scooped it up. He came skating back around with a slightly confused look on his face, but he just laughed and handed it over.

Don't you just love how cooperative Katie is when I want to take her picture? Off to OPEN HOUSE! Daddy looks super manly with Katie's new backpack :) Could be worse, could have been Hannah like last year. You know Daddy did not care though. Friday morning I was up bright and early, and you know what happens when you are up bright and early? You actually get to see the morning glories blooming :) I brought some inside and put them in a tiny vase. I actually LOVE the way they wilt into little circles. Too Cute! Saturday, we finally made it to the local library to get Katie her library card!! Chip and I got our cards, too. Katie had fun building this poor guy. She must, she did it a couple times.Tomorrow is the first day of Second Grade!! It is going to be hard to turn Katie loose! We have to break in a new teacher, and get to where we can totally trust her to take care of our little girl while we aren't there. It is very hard to let go! Wish us luck!!

0 comments: