Saturday, June 20, 2009

257 Why do I even bother?

I stayed up late. I wasn't even on the computer. I wasn't Twittering or cruising Facebook. I wasn't editing pictures (although I should have been). I wasn't searching for cute pictures of cats typing or other nonsense. I was CLEANING! *GASP* I know, a dirty dirty word!!! I couldn't help myself, the house was just to that point where I could not take it for a moment longer. I cleaned. And when I came down the stairs this morning this is what my living room looked like ... It is not spotless by a long shot! But this is pretty darn spiffy for the Jaxon house. I also straightened up the kitchen throughout the morning, but you will have to take my word for it. I picked up a few times. Just little stuff that had been dropped and left behind, but we were doing pretty good on keeping clean. Connor did manage to spill his juice pouch on the floor and throw his toaster strudel at the couch, but that is normal messiness. And then ... they had to come in from the pool. Katie said the sunscreen was stinging her eyes (even though it had been on for an hour at that point) and they trooped into the house. I was trying to occupy them, so I popped up some popcorn and got them settled in ...

at least Katie started to pick it up ... and I do mean started because she sure as heck never finished. I did get the worst of the popcorn off the floor. I got Connor fed and bathed and tucked into bed. And then the girls had to do crafts (did I mention we had an impromptu sleepover?). Paper bag puppets. I dove into my poor neglected craft room to retrieve a few supplies (the most action that room has seen in a LONG time). And I set them up and went into the kitchen to smash up some guacamole (YUM) And then it was time to get tucked in. When I came back down from reading two Scooby Doo stories this is what I found ...

........................................................
WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER????
This is also my SOOC Saturday post. Sure, what could I have done in editing to make these pictures any better? Not much. They are pictures of a sad room, and no amount of editing would improve them. I am sure that Melody and the others participating in SOOC Saturday have much more inspirational pics to show you, so hop on over to Slurping Life!!
(look on my left sidebar ... computer is not wanting to paste the link in- GRRR)
I am a bit of a negative Nelly today , and I am sure you can understand why.

10 comments:

Kathleen Tennant said...

Oh Carrie, we so live parallel lives! I have often wondered that exact same thing. Seems pointless to clean. Next time, eat the popcorn yourself, kick your feet up, twitter away and just claim to have cleaned!

Jill Geraghty-Groves said...

Ditto to what Kathleen said - I'm in Australia but a parallel life here! Who the heck decided to have kids anyway?!?!?!? Aaaargh!.

melody is slurping life said...

Oh honey, do I identify. Do I evah identify.

And I'm smiling because your tale makes me feel less alone in the struggle.

Kerry said...

I remember thinking when my kids were small...and I can surely understand where you coming from.
Makes me smile knowing other moms struggle with the same things.

BenLand said...

i feel your pain...i have 2 boys and the world's hairiest dog ...so i'm always picking up toys and clumps of dog hair...somedays i swear i'm going to lose my mind!!!! i always end up giving up...it's a losing battle in my house..but..someday they'll be all grown up and we'll miss those toys all over the place...at least i know i will....

hang in there :)

Puna said...

hahaha! It's an never ending battle isn't it?

Julie said...

It's nice to see lived in rooms sometimes!! Maybe I can feel more normal now. lol!!

Jan said...

Yep, I don't thing it gets a lot better until they leave home.

Anonymous said...

Lol its never ending hehe

A. Jarrett said...

Yes, I definitely feel your pain!

It's a never ending battle - sometimes I simply let go, I have too many others things to do.