Saturday, June 6, 2009

248 SOOC Saturday - with my NEW lens!

My 50mm 1.8 lens came!! OH YES!! I am in LOVE!! Now I really want to run out and get a few more prime lenses. No muss, no fuss. You got this focal length and you gotta work with it. These were taken on Wednesday, moments after I opened the box it was delivered in. I just wish I had this lens when we were shooting the wedding a few weeks ago.

I call this one - I'm Too Sexy!


And this one reminds me of John Goodman as Babe Ruth....

SOOC (straight-out-of-camera) Saturday is hosted by Melody at Slurping Life! Please stop in and check out her SOOC shot, and the others that are linked.

13 comments:

Arizaphale said...

They are wonderful! So funny!!! Enjoy your new lens. I am happy just to have a DSLR even though it has a non interchangeable lens...

Anonymous said...

Very Cute Pix! :)

Rachel said...

What a fun day! Love those captures! I'm hoping to get the same lens later!

Kathleen said...

GREAT pictures Carrie!!! I love the one of Conner in his Babe Ruth pose!

Jessi said...

Congrats on the new lens! Someday I will add to my lens collection too :) Great shots!

Unknown said...

That second shot is phenomenal, Love it! Have fun with your new lens!

Lisa said...

Cute photos.....congratulations on your new lens.

Jewelz said...

The 1.8 50ml lens was my last purchase and has quickly become my most favorite lens. I suppose because I love photos with that blurred DOF thing happening!
Enjoy getting to know your new toy :0)
Take care
Cheers
Jewelz

Candy Brewer said...

Hmmm...I've had that lens since last summer and have barely used it. It mostly got used for my film class (it was required), and every great once in awhile, I've used it for a family portrait. Maybe I should start paying more attention to it? :)

Floortime Lite Mama said...

gorgoeus kids
I am too sexy is HILARIOUS

A. Jarrett said...

I know the feeling! I had the same reaction when I got my 50mm!

I think "i'm too sexy" is my favorite pic out of these!

Linda Woods said...

Great shots! I love that lens, too! Love it!

melody is slurping life said...

These made me smile so dang big! "too sexy" is awesome.

You've made me decide to pull out my 50mm.