Wednesday, August 20, 2008

79 Back from the Dead

I have spent the last 5 days in a feverish haze. Hovering somewhere between 99 and 103. Which of course did not preclude me from having to take care of the wee ones and entertaining them. Katie still had to swim with her friends. Connor still needed Mommy for everything. I was in a stupor most of the time, going through the motions. The house is an even bigger sty than it was before, which is saying something. I was so sick that I have not made a pot of coffee in 6 days! I love my coffee, but I just did not have the taste for anything. Finally feeling better today.

Katie has been having fun at school ... but not having fun going to school. She has been crying everyday. She says it is because she misses me, but as wonderful as I am I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she has not made new friends yet. She has started making a new friend, but I guess they are not close enough for Katie to look forward to going to school yet. Even with her limited right hand use she has been doing good. And her blood sugar has been doing awesome! I don't know if I should be happy that it has been so good or not. I am a little afraid that it has been so good that her teachers might get complaisant about it. Today was her first day without crying ... because Daddy bribed her with a movie. If that is what it takes, we are not above bribery. At least in the beginning :)
Connor is a little tank. He crawls up and over everything. If you are sitting in the floor he will almost bowl you over trying to get in your lap. Still no teeth, but he does not let that stop him. I tried sharing an ice cream sandwich with him, but Connor is not into sharing apparently! After his first bite he just kept getting bite after bite, not letting Mommy have much at all. He has discovered a love of anything with wheels, especially if he can get on top of it.


0 comments: