Monday, September 27, 2010

391 Falling

Fall has finally arrived, but who knows for how long. The south is notorious for the ups and downs in the weather. Thursday we were having record highs, and Saturday we were a balmy 74 degrees. We spent Saturday morning outside. We even had our breakfast picnic style. It was so nice to lay out on a blanket without sweating and having to fight off the bugs. Look, proof we were outside before noon... That is a morning glory in Katie's hair.

I am not real sure why Katie looks like she is strangling Connor to get him to smile, but this picture makes me giggle. Sunday was another gorgeous day. Katie had spent the night at a friend's house, and around noon she called to tell me that she could not find her test kit. Come to find out her test kit was in my purse ... she had taken her night time pill and her morning pill without ever checking her sugar. Needless to say we were not pleased. Sure, it was my fault that it was in my purse, but she should have realized that she did not have her test kit that night. I would have found it and brought it to her ... no big deal. Now we have to question whether she has been checking her sugar at all when she sleeps away from home, or at the very least, question how often. The anger is completely fueled by fear. Until you are a parent you don't truly understand how quickly fear turns to anger. It is something I have to work at ... especially since Katie likes to scare us on a bi-weekly basis. I picked her up and brought her home. We wanted her to understand how serious it was for her to check her sugar.
Later she was playing in the backyard and she could see Mia and Kaitlyn in Mia's yard. After several failed attempts to scream a conversation over the five backyards between us, I allowed Katie to just invite them down. They had a blast playing in the yard. Chip even got roped in to playing a bit. I am not sure how this all came about, but Chip covered the gazebo area of our deck with a tarp to create a little clubhouse area. It is pretty cute inside, but a complete eyesore from the outside. The kids love it, and that is the most important thing .... right?!I had fun in the Schnuck's produce section. I bought a couple bags of apples and a honkin' big pumpkin. The apples looked so good that I had to snap a few pictures.Katie wants to carve up the pumpkin now .. but only because she wants to toast the seeds.I have been playing with felt again. I can't find the patterns I drew last year, so I am back to winging it ... yeah, I know, punny. I have a little work to do, but I think I will just say this one is a woodpecker. And another gorgeous sunset ... too bad it is marred by power lines and houses.

0 comments: