Sunday, December 30, 2007

Working on my Resolutions

Okay, so I never stick to them, but I have been thinking of nothing but things that need to change in my life for the past month.
1. CLUTTER GO BYE-BYE!!!
Mine, Chip's, and (especially) Katie's. I need to grit my teeth and cull the mess. I need to figure out how many of one thing my child really needs. Does she need 30 purses or 50 teddy bears? Do I need to hang on to all my magazines? Does Chip need all that old computer junk? Do any of us need a ton of books we will never read again?
2. NO MORE MIDNIGHT MEALS!!!
No more eating every night when Chip gets home. Sure, if you ask I will say I am hungry. I probably am hungry. But you know what ... I don't need a fourth meal. Especially since it is bound to come from a fast food place. And think of the money we will save (surely it won't be spent elsewhere)
3. COOK AT HOME!!!
Fast food is not doing any of us a favor. I can blame the weight after Connor was born on Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas all I want, but it probably has a lot to do with eating fast food several times a week. We probably eat fast food or pizza more than we cook. That has definitely got to stop, from a financial and health stand point.
4. GET CRAFTY!!!
I need to give myself time to create things. Time to disappear into my room for more than 3 minutes at a time. Time to complete a project .... in less than a year. Time to play and do something for myself.
5. BE PATIENT!!!
This will be the hardest. I have no patience whatsoever! Whether we are talking about Katie or letting paint dry. I need to learn to relax.
6. FINISH HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS!!!
We have a ton of stuff that we have bought the materials for and have not done. We have a sink and faucet sitting in the garage for the 1/2 bath (maybe for 2 years now) We have paint for the stairway, paint for Connor's room, paint to finish up our master bedroom. Heck, we need to do everything for the nursery. The pieces are all there, just need to put them together.

I am sure there are a ton more I will think of before New Years Day ... but for now, I need to see about something else that should be a resolution ... GETTING MORE SLEEP!!

0 comments: