Friday, October 1, 2010

395 Candied Apples and Crafts

Making candied apples seemed like such a good idea ... at the time. Katie had picked up a kit forever ago, and the last time I went to the grocery store they had bags of apples cheap. Perfect, right?! Bubble, Bubble, Toil and TROUBLE!!!There are no pictures of the completed apples. Katie wanted to taste the coating ... and POP ... off came one of her caps. ARGH! She has been complaining that one of them has been bothering her, but I had no clue that it would pop out like that. And, of course, her dentist wasn't open today. Which is funny because my first thought when she handed me her dental cap was "Thank goodness it is Thursday, so we can get her into the dentist tomorrow!" Silly Mommy! As if something would actually go my way. It is not hurting her, but it does feel weird. If we can convince her to chew on the opposite side then I think we will survive.
The candied apples were promptly trashed.

And of course there was random crafting going on. Another attempt at a bird, this time with some recycled/upcycled jeans.And a couple more hearts. Poor french knots ... they are not very uniform. This heart was inspired by my friend, artist Kathleen Tennant. Or really, influenced by the painting of hers I have in the living room. She paints gorgeous hearts, multicolored and unique. It made me think "An artist's heart is a rainbow" ... and this is my interpretation. I was sitting out front, watching Connor ride his tricycle and sorting my felt when Connor took a break for long enough to pull out the roll of orange and put in his request for an orange wallet. It IS October, so orange makes me think of pumpkins which naturally leads me to jack-o-lanterns. And because I did not want to risk the screams and cries of Katie when she got home I made two. At least no one can accuse me of having "idle hands". Now to find time to sew a few stockings! I can't wait to share them with you.

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

I thought perhaps I inspired you because I'm in dental hell and then I saw...the heart! I love it!! Thanks Jax, so glad my hearts inspire you!! xoxo