Monday, May 17, 2010

363 One Piece a Week #1

Last week, Chip and I watched Julie & Julia and I was feeling inspired. Not to the point I am going to do something crazy like cook my way through a HUGE cookbook in a year, but re-commit to my New Years Resolution to MAKE ART ... At least one piece a week. If you want to get all technical I definitely take more than one pic a week ... but I am hoping to do something in addition to the photography. So, just like you will have to get used to the rose pictures, you will have to get used to the fact that the majority of the time I paint bare trees.
I love the silhouette the bare branches make.
I like the promise that in a new season there will be new life.
I like the twists and turns and knots.
I think a tree without leaves has more personality.
Nothing to hide behind, no fabrications.
Bare bones.
Beautiful.
So, this is week 1. 6x8 Acrylic

I will be adding this to my etsy shop soon, along with a few others. Just have to get off my tush and post them.

1 comments:

Linda Woods said...

I love this! I can't wait to see more!