Wednesday, May 12, 2010

361 The Great Outdoors

The weather has been gorgeous ... you know, when it isn't pouring rain and threatening tornadoes out there... so we have been trying to spend some time outside. Playing in the backyard, trips to the park behind our house, or hanging out on the deck.

My peony was gorgeous ... WAS ... stupid rain and wind has beat her up. And of course, I have been checking out the dandelions. Down on all fours ... well, threes... I have to hold the camera after all.

I even pulled out the ol' Argus for some TtV shotsOH ... and a pic or two of the kids when I can convince them to stay still long enough to click the shutter. Which doesn't happen very often ... especially with Katie!!Yesterday I took the kids out to the park so that Chip could yell at Call of Duty without us distracting him. Mostly the kids ran around, picking honeysuckle and climbing all over the play equipment, but I did manage to get them to stay still for a few milli-seconds. And no, I did NOT ask Katie to pose like this. She decided to turn into a little ham for the four pictures she deigned to let me shoot. Poor girl, still has a mark from the Hula Hoop Incident.Katie has obviously been trying to teach Connor how to "SMILE" ... e have GOT to break him out of this FAST! I don't think I can take two cheeseballs!Ok, that is better ... maybe if I took the macro lens off ... I am happy to report that Winn Dixie is still alive and well... and thankfully living with his actual owners. Katie and Connor still get to play with him out at the park and when he wanders by the house, but I don't have to deal with a dog.And, what do I do while the kids play? I take pictures of weeds and park debris. Pausing to run and help Connor slide down the fireman's pole or do the monkey bars. He tends to forget he can't actually fly if he falls off the platform. I was having fun with the macro, which is a must since most of the park "flowers" are tiny tiny things.And I couldn't leave out the honeysuckle. Katie loves it. I know I did when I was a kid, too .. but now I look at it and think ALL THAT WORK FOR A TINY DROP!!!And when dealing with the outdoors you are also dealing with insects. They love making cameo appearances. From the smallest of little flies...Little ladybugsAnd super freaky caterpillars. This one looks REALLY exotic but it just turns into a plain brown moth. It is called a Rusty Tussock Moth-cat. Katie took it into school today to show off.

I hope everyone else is experiencing some wonderful weather and time outside. Fresh air seems to be re-opening my creativity. I hope ...

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great pictures!!! I love the ones with your Argus. Glad you broke it out of hiding. Did it need dusting off?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! That boy is gonna break some hearts when he is older.

Unknown said...

great pics! and adorable kiddies!