Monday, May 10, 2010

360 Mother's Day 2010

I was lucky to have grown up with the best Mom in the world. She sacrificed so much to make sure that the three of us had everything we could need and most of what we wanted. Mostly she let me know that there was always ALWAYS someone who loved me. Single mom, struggling to make ends meet and raise three kids, to keep a house going and spend time with us. And she managed to do it all. Countless practices and meetings. Drive me here, pick me up there. Lose your phone a few hours a day while I chat about boys ... and to boys. Listen to me fight with my brothers. Listen to me be an ungrateful wretch. I was NOT an easy child to have. Although, I am learning that most children are not easy to have. To be fair, she was raised by the best Mom in the world, too. I can only hope I am continuing this trend.

At least I know from experience that these children grow up, and they learn to appreciate their parents. Thank you Mom for being the best example of motherhood. I love you!

And Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers I am privileged to know. Many of you make me look like an amateur. You provide me with examples of patience and love to follow. And thankfully you also provide me with examples of failure, so I know there is hope for us all.

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

Did you make that pregnant belly art? Beautiful! I hope you had a good Mother's Day!!