Friday, February 20, 2009

165 Spring Cleaning

It has been pretty boring here in the Jackson house. The weather can't decide what it wants to do. We are anxiously awaiting the start of Spring, when we can once again enjoy the outdoors. We had one nice day as a tease, then the temperature plummeted 30 degrees the next day. Connor has taken over chores for me though. He has mopped ... and mowed ...
Now if we can just teach him how to vacuum and fold clothes. No wait! We can teach him to clean up after his sister since she never learned!
But really, we are starting our Spring Cleaning a little early this year. I would like to leave a clean house when we all head to Atlanta. The only problem ... the instant I clean anything it is destroyed. I mop the floor, and CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP, Katie and Mia come running in from outside. I put toys away, and if you have kids you know how long that lasts. I get to the bottom of the laundry and it is overflowing the next day! And I am not even going to start on DUST! If Katie sees a clean surface it must be covered in art supplies or make-up.
But this week it is going to be SERIOUS! I am cleaning this house. While Katie is at school I will tackle it. I need to paint their bathroom and get that done, so that bathtime can be upstairs instead of my bathroom. I really need to sort through Katie's massive wardrobe and pull out all the clothes she can't (or won't) wear anymore. Something has GOT to be done before I lose my mind. If I have to stare at these four walls all day then they might as well be clean.
I just wish I wasn't the one that had to clean them!!!

1 comments:

Keeping Up With The Klusmanns said...

I don't have kids so I don't get the toy thing (other than my dog's massive basket of toys), but the dust is OUT OF CONTROL!! I can't keep up with it! So, good luck to you. I don't get how mom's are moms and keep up with the house. I can hardly do it and I don't have kids OR a job! :)