Monday, August 29, 2011

461 Randomness As Usual

Still experiencing bloggers block. Not sure what to write about and not sure why it would even matter. But, I know it will come back to me eventually. Until then I will just share some randomness from our lives.

In chronological order, but I know it will seem completely mixed up ... I give you almost two weeks of Jaxon4 life...


I need to do more research into Mexican Sugar Skulls. I just love the way they look ... but I am sure there are different meanings to different images, and since it is not my heritage I worry I will make something offensive in some way. For now I am just doodling within a skull shape.

 Katie's obsession with feathers made us check out the local Beauty Store where I was promptly scared and amused by these wig modeling mannequins.


Birthday party for friends...
 ...with friends...

 A trip to the mall last Sunday with the family...


 The Wolfchase Mall now has a train ... and Connor HAD to ride it. So we ALL had to ride it. First, he chose the blue car...
 But after snapping a pic, Connor noticed the caboose...




Katie wasn't being very cooperative about taking pictures ... I'll show her! (that is gum on her lips, she had just popped a bubble)
Sunday night we got home to find Bartleby unable to run from Connor. When he did stand up he could barely stumble to the next room. I picked him up and held him in my lap until he passed away. It was peaceful, and he got to go in arms that loved him with a loving voice in his ear. He waited until we got home to him. He was neurotic, but he was a wonderful cat. We miss him. It hits harder sometimes. When the kids are in bed and he doesn't jump in my lap. When we go to the bathroom and he doesn't chase after us, knowing we will be trapped and he can get pet. When we walk by the cat food aisle in the store and it suddenly hits us that we don't need to walk down it. Bartleby, you are loved and missed. I took this pic a few weeks ago. Our handsome boy...

Monday we had to go back to the mall. We had to exchange Connor's Captain America costume for a bigger size... and we were looking for a sundress and a Hawaiian shirt for our friends wedding reception that was coming up. Connor and Katie took turns harrassing ... I mean "helping" me in the dressing room. 

And Katie had finally talked us into a second hamster ... We are clearly gluttons for punishment.
 And we came home with a new Winter White. Her name is Sugar... and I am pretty proud of Katie for not wanting to name her Salt since we already have a Pepper.
 And some random fun ...





1 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love your skulls!!!!! You amazing me with your doodling. I have a book that I picked up that, if you don't already have it, will probably love. I must go find it and will send you a dm with the name of it. The part about Barnaby reminded me of when Sooner died in my arms too. So sad. Your pictures, as always are great!!!