Wednesday, May 25, 2011

451 The Magpie Turns Nine

So, any other bloggers been putting off posting for fear that Blogger would eat their post again? Okay, I am not really worried it will, but I was very disappointed when that post came down. I get discouraged... and maybe just a little distracted. Okay ... fine ... so I have mostly been distracted.

My sweet baby Magpie turned NINE on Monday. NINE!!! How in the world did that happen?! Oh, and the pre-teen/tween attitude is already starting. Boy, is it ever! I know, it is our fault for spoiling her ... but really, who wouldn't spoil this face?

Impossible, right?! And the cuteness just continued to grow. I really stood no chance against her ... until she learned the word "no". Why do we teach kids to walk and talk?! It just leads to them leaving us *WAHHHHHHHHH*

But eventually, they do learn to talk .. and then they learn to TALK BACK. Last year, Katie learned the art of the "bobblehead" ... mouthing off in her head while her head bobbles back and forth with sass. Maybe this year she will learn to keep all complaints firmly leashed in her own head. A Mom can hope ...
Monday we took cupcakes to school, and then we checked Katie out for lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and a little trip to Toys'R'Us.

The playground was a bit moist, but that didn't stop my little grubbers from playing.




 We even had a special guest for Katie's birthday lunch ...
Happy Birthday my sweet girl! You are the light of my life and the beat of my heart. I wish you the best ninth year ever. I love you forever.


0 comments: