Thursday, March 24, 2011

440 Spring Break 2011

Spring Break comes early down here. Katie had all last week off, and for the first time we didn't go to Atlanta. We spent the week just playing around the house, and we took a couple trips to the zoo.

We had plans to meet up on Tuesday at the zoo with my college buddies Tracy, Julie, and Andrea and their families, but Tuesday fell through when a few people succumbed to gas station food. So, we rescheduled for Wednesday, which worked out great because Chip could go and the weather was perfect... well, maybe a little hot.
I love being around these people. It is like being surrounded by family. Everyone has such a good time together. We love each others kids like our own and it shows. I was having fun (and the kids weren't too happy with my camera) so I didn't take that many pictures.














Pictures stopped around this point because I was carrying Chloe on my hip. Poor girl was exhausted, and she had a little scare when she turned around and didn't see us. But since Andrea carried Anna Catherine on her back most of the time I think I got out really easy!!

After the zoo we went to eat at Cafe Ole. Mmmmmm queso dip, sun, and friends. Luckily it wasn't very busy so our kids weren't annoying to too many people... just us ;)






Oh, and lest it be forgotten... I also Sleepless in Seattled an apple. And I got the picture before the peel broke ;) Its the little things...
On Sunday I took the girls to the zoo... and apparently everyone else had the same idea because the parking lot was totally full and we ended up having to park on the road in front of the Brooks Museum and walk. Of course when we finally parked and started walking they had opened up the parking lot. Oh well, as Mia said, at least we were getting some exercise. By the time we got there the girls were ready to splash about in the Little Nile.



















 See, prrof I was there :)


 At least the walk back to the car was pretty... After six hours I was beyond tired!

Katie said I was being mean, but I was so happy when Spring Break was over.
....Two more months until Summer Vacation....

0 comments: