Thursday, July 31, 2008

72 Two Chocolate Pies

One pie ...


TWO PIES ...


MMmmm! Can't go wrong with chocolate pie!! We made some while we were in Atlanta and they were so delicious that I had to make them when I got home. I was a good girl though. I did send one up the street for a neighbors birthday. The other ... I let Chip have a piece :) This recipe is super easy. It would have to be for me to make it. Although I have noticed that the three recipes I have actually taken the time to write down in my recipe book all involve CHOCOLATE!

1 1/2 cups Sugar
3 cups Milk (we use one can evaporated milk and then finish with regular milk)
3 heaping TBSP Cocoa
3 heaping TBSP Flour (does not matter if it is all purpose or self-rising)
4 Eggs SEPARATED
1 stick Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Pie Crusts (not deep dish)

*brown pie crusts
*Combine the flour, sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan. You might want to sift this to keep out the lumps - but I am lazy so I did not.
*Add in egg yolks, milk, and butter. Cook on MEDIUM to MED-HI until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
*divide into two pie crusts.
MIX YOUR MERINGUE! I tried whipping it by hand and gave up --- break out the electric mixer!
Meringue is your 4 Egg Whites and 3 TBSP Sugar. Whip until it forms soft peaks (Mom told me STIFF peaks, so lets go with stiff - but if you just can't wait to get to the eating then soft will do).
*Cover pie with meringue
*bake at 350 degrees until top starts to turn golden.

These are best after they have completely cooled and spent some time in the fridge.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: