Saturday, April 26, 2008

45 - Zoo Fieldtrip






I rode with Charity (better known as "Jacob's Mom") to the zoo. I ended up with Katie and her friend Seyerra for our fieldtrip. Honestly, these girls are hilarious. Or they would have been if we were at the zoo alone. In the midst of hundreds of school kids it was not nearly as funny. If they had been able to run and cavort to their hearts content I am pretty sure I would have been rolling with laughter! Although we might have to include Jacob and Trayvon since the girls seemed to love chasing them. Not that the boys did not chase back :) Everytime I took a picture Seyerra had to pose. Well, everytime she knew I was taking the picture.
The girls loved the sea lion show, begged to see the spiders and snakes, and ran from the stench of the rhinoceras. Almost every animal we saw made Seyerra say "that can kill you", so I had to keep explaining to her that in most cases the animals are more scared of us than we are of them. I think my favorite was the killer ostrich! Sure, they could, but how often do you hear about ostrich attacks?





AS soon as they got off the bus Katie, Seyerra, Jacob, and Trayvon started playing. About halfway through we ran into Charity with Jacob and Trayvon, so the kids chased each other for a second before we could herd them on to the next exhibit. And, when we were done and waiting for the group we found the boys first, and the merriment continued. Even when the rest of the crew turned up these four could not get enough of each other. Have I mentioned that Jacob is the class heartbreaker? Or that he "doesn't like girls"? Me thinks he doth protest too much!!




It was a long and exhausting day. I could not wait to get home and relax, and I really could not wait until I could finally sleep. I still can't wait to get rid of this sunburn! But, it was a blast. One of the best things about being home is being able to go on fieldtrips with Katie. Having that special time with my little girl while she still wants me around. Great, now I just remembered that the day will come, way to soon, when she does not want her Mommy to go on the fieldtrip :( Luckily I also remembered that I can go anyway :)

0 comments: