Saturday, March 6, 2010

345 Bleh Blue Blahby Blah

I am hoping it is the season. Or I am hoping it is the fact we have all been a little under the weather. Or even that I have been too busy (ha). Whatever it is, I have been feeling blah. I haven't picked up a paintbrush. I didn't take a picture for almost two weeks. I haven't been able to come up with a decent blogpost. It will come back to me. The weather is improving and we have been able to spend a little time in the backyard. The fresh air is niceIt is still impossible to get Katie to sit still for more than a few pictures. I re-dyed my hair. Not that I showed y'all a pic of the other hair, but I was a true brunette for a little while. It felt weird. This is still darker than I like, but it is closer to what my "natural" color would be. And the actual haircolor name was "Natural Blonde" so I am absolutely claiming it for my own. About six or so months ago we traded our old BowFlex for our friend's hot tub .... and this is how far Chip has gotten toward preparing our yard to receive our end of the deal.

.....Yeah ... that is EXACTLY what I was thinking ... And not to beat a dead horse, but toward the end of last year Chip decided to take a weed eater to the corner flower bed. I do use the term flower bed loosely. I was very lax in its upkeep. However, it does have some plants from my grandfather's garden. One of which is my peony. It took THREE years to coax a single bloom out of that plant. I was so happy, I took a picture of it everyday from the time that bud appeared until all the petals fell off. I oohed and aahed over it. Chip claims he had no idea it was special to me. Well, he whacked it to the ground. I was worried I had lost it since it wasn't dormant yet, but while we were out back I started poking around. And I found this! Wonderful little red bits of happiness! My peony looks like it is going to make it.And granddaddy's irises .... need to be thinned! They too were chopped to the ground. We have taken advantage of the good weather to toss the football and play in the yard. Connor is really enjoying the playhouse this year.And now that the weather has warmed up, we are discovering more victims of the serial killer that is stalking our house.
The sky is blue. The weather is warming. The trees are thinking of budding. Little new life is peaking from the ground. Good times will return. The BLAHs will go away... I hope....

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

The blah's will go away just as that peony re-appeared, awaiting a photo. Your smile will return and the camera will become your best friend again.

Linda Woods said...

Your hair looks great!

Mrs Pretzel said...

Did you know that Peonies like a shallow root system? They totally do. If your plant isn't blooming, unearth the root tuber thingy, and replant it so that it's just at the top of your soil. They love this and bloom like crazy!