Wednesday, June 10, 2009

251 Love Thursday

Right now, what am I loving? It happens to be the same things that I am loathing. The weather. The pool. Summer Vacation.

So far the temperature has not been outrageous, but it has been SO HUMID that I think I might melt. But the really annoying thing is that I do NOT melt! If anything the heat and humidity has made me want to eat more. We went to the baseball game of a couple of Katie's little friends and I almost died! I showered before we left, but you never would have known. I was sweating buckets, and so was everyone else!! It is miserable! If it would just RAIN and get it over with then this humidity would roll away.

We finally got the pool up for Katie. It is lopsided. The tubes for the pump are cracked. We had to throw out the chlorine tablets and they have not been replaced yet. Did I mention it is not level? But, it is up and Katie is in HEAVEN! She would stay in that pool from the time she woke up until she prunes up so much she can't move. She also wants to spend that time with her friends. And Connor wants to be in the pool, too. You know where that leaves me? In the pool. Playing lifeguard. The main rule we need is NO HORSEPLAY! Those girls are nuts!! One day they were playing High School Musical which consisted of them yelling "Two Faced Backstabber!" at each other. OHH, the things they are learning on tv!! Connor wanted a float, so we got his float. Now he has discovered that he can stand up and the water is below his chin. So now I spend all my time walking along behind him, waiting for him to tumble into the water. My back is killing me! But, for those few instants of peace and happiness ... I am pretty happy the pool is up.

Summer Vacation - oh, how I loved it when I was a kid. Now I am not so sure. I do love having Katie home with me, but I am getting tired of having to provide constant entertainment. There are art projects, and tv, and swimming, and pouting, and crying, and complaining. It is non-stop!! Yes, my Mom is laughing her rear off right now, thinking about me not wanting Katie to head off for school. Of course now I look forward to those hours of non-Katie time. Guilt free Connor time. I miss it!!
Now I just have to stop being the Summer Scrooge!
Check out the other Love Thursday pics at Chookooloonks -
Quite honestly, I am tuckered from all the sun. I can't type straight so I am headed to bed. Happy Love Thursday everyone!!

6 comments:

margie said...

oh oh, could be a long lovely loving summer.

Katie in MA said...

That's a momma's love: putting up with it and finding the love (and the funny) behind it anyway. :)

Happy Love Thursday! I hope the Love Thursday gods send you some rain.

Puna said...

Happy love Thursday to you! What a cute family!

Sara said...

What memories you are creating! Here's wishing you less humidity. Happy Love Thursday!

Kathleen Tennant said...

That was cute! Summer vacations will get a bit easier when the kids are a bit older. I say that now because my kids summer vacation has yet to start! ha ha I'll let ya know...

kath said...

I love his bangs plastered to his forehead ... the kids are adorable!